Control-M for Power BI
Power BI is an interactive data visualization software product developed by Microsoft with primary focus on business intelligence.
Control-M for Power BI enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any Power BI workspace from a single computer with secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate Power BI jobs with other Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Monitor the Power BI workspace status and view the results in the Monitoring domain.
- Attach an SLA job to your entire Power BI service.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to Power BI, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, quantitative and control resources, and variables.
- Run 50 Power BI jobs simultaneously per Control-M/Agent.
Control-M for Power BI Compatibility
Control-M for Power BI supports integration with the Power BI Cloud (SaaS) solution, but not with Power BI on-Premises.
The following table lists the prerequisites that are required to use the Power BI plug-in, each with its minimum required version.
|Control-M Application Integrator||22.214.171.124|
|Control-M Automation API||126.96.36.199|
Control-M for Power BI is supported on Control-M Web and Control-M Automation API, but not on Control-M client.
To download the required installation files for each prerequisite, see Obtaining Control-M Installation Files.
Setting up Power BI in Azure
To enable proper function of the Control-M for Power BI plug-in, you must perform several setup tasks in Azure. These tasks are described in Setting Up for Power BI in Azure.
Setting up Control-M for Power BI
This procedure describes how to deploy the Power BI plug-in, create a connection profile, and define a Power BI job in Control-M Web and Automation API.
NOTE: Integration plug-ins released by BMC require an Application Integrator installation at your site. However, these plug-ins are not editable and you cannot import them into Application Integrator. To deploy these integrations to your Control-M environment, you import them directly into Control-M using Control-M Automation API.
Before you Begin
Verify that Automation API is installed, as described in Automation API Installation.
Create a temporary directory to save the downloaded files.
Click http://www.bmc.com/available/epd and follow the instructions on the EPD site to download the Power BI plug-in from the Control-M Integrations page, or go directly to the Control-M for Power BI download page.
- Deploy the Power BI job via Automation API, as described in deploy jobtype.
- Create a Power BI connection profile in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Web: Creating a Centralized Connection Profile with Power BI Connection Profile Parameters
- Automation API: ConnectionProfile:Power BI
- Define a Power BI job in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Web: Create a Job and then define specific Power BI parameters in Power BI Job parameters.
- Automation API: Job:Power BI
Log in or register to comment.