Control-M for Google BigQuery
Google BigQuery is a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) computing service that you can use for data storage, processing, and analysis.
Control-M for Google BigQuery enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any Google BigQuery from a single computer with secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate Google BigQuery jobs with other Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Monitor the Google BigQuery status and view the results in the Monitoring domain.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to Google BigQuery, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, quantitative and control resources, and variables.
- Run 50 Google BigQuery jobs simultaneously per Control-M/Agent.
Control-M for Google BigQuery Compatibility
The following table lists the prerequisites that are required to use the Google BigQuery plug-in, each with its minimum required version.
|Control-M Application Integrator||184.108.40.206|
|Control-M Automation API||220.127.116.11|
Control-M for Google BigQuery is supported on Control-M Web and Control-M Automation API, but not on Control-M client.
To download the required installation files for each prerequisite, see Obtaining Control-M Installation Files.
Setting up Control-M for Google BigQuery
This procedure describes how to deploy the Google BigQuery plug-in, create a connection profile, and define a Google BigQuery job in Control-M Web and Automation API.
NOTE: Integration plug-ins released by BMC require an Application Integrator installation at your site. However, these plug-ins are not editable and you cannot import them into Application Integrator. To deploy these integrations to your Control-M environment, you import them directly into Control-M using Control-M Automation API.
Before you Begin
Verify that Automation API is installed, as described in Automation API Installation.
Create a temporary directory to save the downloaded files.
Click http://www.bmc.com/available/epd and follow the instructions on the EPD site to download the Google BigQuery plug-in, or go directly to the Control-M for Google BigQuery download page.
- Deploy the Google BigQuery job via Automation API, as described in deploy jobtype.
- Create an Google BigQuery connection profile in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Define an Google BigQuery job in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Web: Create a Job and then define specific Google BigQuery parameters in Google BigQuery Job parameters.
- Automation API: Job:Google BigQuery
Log in or register to comment.