Control-M for Databricks
Databricks is a cloud-based data analytics platform that enables you to process large workloads of data.
Control-M for Databricks enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any Databricks workspace from a single computer with secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate Databricks jobs with other Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Monitor the Databricks workspace status and view the results in the Monitoring domain.
- Attach an SLA job to your entire Databricks data service.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to Databricks, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, quantitative and control resources, and variables.
- Run 50 Databricks jobs simultaneously per Control-M/Agent.
Control-M for Databricks Compatibility
The following table lists the prerequisites that are required to use the Databricks plug-in, each with its minimum required version.
|Control-M Application Integrator||126.96.36.199|
|Control-M Automation API||188.8.131.52|
Control-M for Databricks is supported on Control-M Web and Control-M Automation API, but not on Control-M client.
To download the required installation files for each prerequisite, see Obtaining Control-M Installation Files via EPD.
Setting up Control-M for Databricks
This procedure describes how to deploy the Databricks plug-in, create a connection profile, and define a Databricks job in Control-M Web and Automation API.
NOTE: Integration plug-ins released by BMC require an Application Integrator installation at your site. However, these plug-ins are not editable and you cannot import them into Application Integrator. To deploy these integrations to your Control-M environment, you import them directly into Control-M using Control-M Automation API.
Before you Begin
Verify that Automation API is installed, as described in Automation API Installation.
Create a temporary directory to save the downloaded files.
- Deploy the Databricks job via Automation API, as described in deploy jobtype.
- Create a Databricks connection profile in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Define a Databricks job in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows: