Control-M for Azure HDInsight
Azure HDInsight is an cloud-based open-source analytics service that runs various Apache projects. Control-M for Azure HDInsight enables you to run Apache Spark batch jobs for big data analytics .
Control-M for Azure HDInsight further enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any Azure HDInsight workspace from a single computer with secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate Azure HDInsight jobs with other Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Monitor the Azure HDInsight workspace status and view the results in the Monitoring domain.
- Attach an SLA job to your entire Azure HDInsight service.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to Azure HDInsight, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, quantitative and control resources, and variables.
- Run 50 Azure HDInsight jobs simultaneously per Control-M/Agent.
Control-M for Azure HDInsight Compatibility
The following table lists the prerequisites that are required to use the Azure HDInsight plug-in, each with its minimum required version.
|Control-M Application Integrator||184.108.40.206|
|Control-M Automation API||220.127.116.11|
Control-M for Azure HDInsight is supported on Control-M Web and Control-M Automation API, but not on Control-M client.
To download the required installation files for each prerequisite, see Obtaining Control-M Installation Files.
Setting up Control-M for Azure HDInsight
This procedure describes how to deploy the Azure HDInsight plug-in, create a connection profile, and define an Azure HDInsight job in Control-M Web and Automation API.
NOTE: Integration plug-ins released by BMC require an Application Integrator installation at your site. However, these plug-ins are not editable and you cannot import them into Application Integrator. To deploy these integrations to your Control-M environment, you import them directly into Control-M using Control-M Automation API.
Before you Begin
Verify that Automation API is installed, as described in Automation API Installation.
Create a temporary directory to save the downloaded files.
Click http://www.bmc.com/available/epd and follow the instructions on the EPD site to download the Azure HDInsight plug-in from the Control-M Integrations page, or go directly to the Control-M for Azure HDInsight download page.
- Deploy the Azure HDInsight job via Automation API, as described in deploy jobtype.
- Create an Azure HDInsight connection profile in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Define an Azure HDInsight job in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Web: Create a Job and then define specific Azure HDInsight parameters in Azure HDInsight Job parameters.
- Automation API: Job:Azure HDInsight
Log in or register to comment.