Control-M for AWS Glue
AWS Glue is a cloud-based ETL and data integration service that allows you to create data-driven workflows to automate the movement and transformation of data.
Control-M for AWS Glue enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any AWS Glue endpoint from a single computer with secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate AWS Glue jobs with other Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Trigger AWS Glue jobs based on ETL processing.
- Wait for Control-M MFT to transfer a file to an S3 bucket and then run an AWS Glue job based on the result or vice versa.
- Attach an SLA job to your entire AWS Glue pipeline.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to AWS Glue, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, quantitative and control resources, and variables.
- Run 50 AWS Glue jobs simultaneously per Control-M/Agent.
Control-M for AWS Glue Compatibility
The following table lists the prerequisites that are required to use the AWS Glue plug-in, each with its minimum required version.
|Control-M Application Integrator||184.108.40.206|
|Control-M Automation API||220.127.116.11|
Control-M for AWS Glue is supported on Control-M Web and Control-M Automation API, but not on Control-M client.
To download the required installation files for each prerequisite, see Obtaining Control-M Installation Files via EPD.
Setting up Control-M for AWS Glue
This procedure describes how to deploy the AWS Glue plug-in, create a connection profile, and define an AWS Glue job in Control-M Web and Automation API.
NOTE: Integration plug-ins released by BMC require an Application Integrator installation at your site. However, these plug-ins are not editable and you cannot import them into Application Integrator. To deploy these integrations to your Control-M environment, you import them directly into Control-M using Control-M Automation API.
Before you Begin
Verify that Automation API is installed, as described in Automation API Installation.
Create a temporary directory to save the downloaded files.
- Deploy the AWS Glue job via Automation API, as described in deploy jobtype.
- Create an AWS Glue connection profile in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Define an AWS Glue job in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows: