Obtaining Control-M Installation Files
This procedure describes how to obtain the Control-M installation files for the 9.0.21 release and subsequent fix packs and patches. All installation files are available through EPD.
Create a temporary directory where to save downloaded files.
Click http://www.bmc.com/available/epd and follow the instructions on the EPD site until you reach the Download Files page for the relevant product component.
The following table provides direct links to EPD download pages for Control-M components:
Control-M Component Link
(Control-M Client included)
Control-M/Enterprise Manager 9.0.21 download page Control-M/Server for UNIX and Microsoft Windows Control-M/Server for UNIX and Microsoft Windows 9.0.21 download page Control-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows Control-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows 9.0.21 download page Control-M Add-ons See Download Links for Control-M Add-ons Control-M Plug-ins See Download Links for Control-M Plug-ins
For a typical installation, choose the Control-M/Enterprise Manager package, which contains all necessary product components (Control-M/EM, Control-M/Server, and Control-M/Agent). If, for example, you need to install additional agents on various other platforms, you can download just the Control-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows package.
Download the relevant installation file:
For the major release (version 9.0.21) or a fix pack: From the Products tab, click the relevant installation file and save it in the temporary directory.
- For a patch: From the Patches tab, click the relevant installation file and save it in the temporary directory.
(UNIX only) Type the following command for the copied installation file to ensure that it has the necessary authorizations:
chmod +x <installation_file>
- Depending on the type of file that you downloaded, do one of the following:
- If you downloaded a .tar, .tar.gz, or .zip file, extract the file.
- If you downloaded a .BIN or .exe file, proceed with the installation process.
- If you downloaded an .iso file, burn it onto a DVD.
- You are now ready to begin Control-M Installation.