Setting up BMC AMI Utility Management
BMC AMI Utility Manager processes table spaces and indexes according to values contained in the BMC AMI Utility Manager tables, which are installed during the installation of any BMC AMI Utilities utility:
BMC AMI Utility Manager tables
Defines the criteria for selecting Db2 objects for processing
Defines deviations from regular processing (for example, preventing reorganization during ad hoc maintenance)
Defines periodic processing conditions (for example, preventing reorganization on the specified day of the month)
Using BMC AMI Command Center, you can specify values in each of these tables for groups of indexes, table spaces, and applications.
You can edit multiple criteria, exceptions, and schedule values before you save all the changes to the BMC AMI Utility Management view in one action.
After setting up BMC AMI Utility Manager, you activate it by including the RTS keyword in the SYSIN command of an BMC AMI Utilities utility product.
For more information, view the Quick Course Workbench for DB2 - Setting up NGT Utility Manager.
For more information, see the documentation.
The following pages provide information about how to set up BMC AMI Utility Management:
- Adding a BMC AMI Utility Management view
- Managing the BMC AMI Utility Management criteria settings
- Managing the BMC AMI Utility Management exceptions settings
- Managing the BMC AMI Utility Management schedule settings
- Deploying BMC AMI Utility Management settings
- Mirroring BMC AMI Utility Management settings (PTF BQU0183 applied)