Using NGL registries
NGL uses the following naming pattern for NGL PIIDs using separate registries:
In the pattern:
hlq is the value referenced in the DBCOPTS member in the data set referenced on the DBCENV DD in the DBC started task. hlq can be a maximum of 18 characters.
dbcGroup is the DBC Group Name referenced on the G parameter in the DBC started task.
piid is the product instance identifier.
&SYSCLONE is the MVS symbolic unique to system.
The resulting data set name is stored with the RD keyword in the NGLpiid member in the DBCENV data set.
BMC recommends using the RD data set name that the installation creates for you.
If you change the data set name for the RD keyword in the NGLpiid member, you must ensure that the data set name is unique and allocate the data set using the SAMP member NGLREGDF. No current registry data will be migrated.
At DBC startup, if a DBC Repository is present that contains NGL PIIDs, the parameter values will be extracted for all PIIDs and written to the NGLpiid member in the DBCENV data set. PIID entries will be removed from the previous DBC Repository.
If the STARTAGENT record for NGL9AGNT in the previous DBC Repository definition included an RG parameter, that registry group name will be stored in the NGLpiid member with the RG keyword.
If the STARTAGENT record for NGL9AGNT in the previous DBC Repository definition included an RD parameter, its information from that data set will be copied to the new registry for the PIID.
- If no RD parameter was found, but the DBC$STC PROC references a data set on the REGISTRY DD, the information from that data set will be copied to the new registry for each PIID.
- The //REGISTRY DD is being deprecated for version 10.4.00 of NGL. Once all NGL agents have migrated to version 10.4.00 of NGL, the //REGISTRY DD can be removed from the DBC started task procedure.
- The NGL registry management task, NGR, is deprecated in version 10.4.00 of NGL. NGR will no longer be started or used by NGL to manage the NGL registries.
- The use of the RG keyword is deprecated in version 10.4.00 of NGL.
- For information about manually converting a shared registry to a PIID-specific registry, see Knowledge Article 000160342. (Search Support Central for the article number. You must be logged in to access the Knowledge Base.)