Logging out of the Common REST API
To log out of a session that is open in the Common REST API, use the following URL:
- Set the variables to the following values:
- <hostName> is the name of the mainframe host where the Tomcat server is running.
- <portNumber> is the port number of the Tomcat server.
- <serviceName> is the name of the service as it appears on the list. For more information, see To retrieve a list of services.
- Set the Authorization header type to
Basic Auth. Set Username and Password to your mainframe user credentials for accessing Tomcat. This user must have the required SAF permission defined.
- In the Header, set the Content-Type to application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
- In the Body, set the following key:
<userToken> is the token issued to you when you logged on. For more information, see Logging in to a service using the Common REST API.
If you do not log out, the user token expires after the period of inactivity that the timeout value defines. The default timeout value is 15 minutes. For more information, see Managing Common REST API session tokens and user tokens.