Updating an existing user account with cloud administrator permissions
If you use a third-party solution for building and managing cloud infrastructure, such as VMware vCloud Suite or Amazon Web Services, you can integrate that infrastructure as a provider type in BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.
Use this procedure to grant cloud administrator permissions to an existing user account.
To update an existing user account with cloud administrator permissions
- Log on to the Application Administration Console as appadmin or as a user in the AR administrator group.
You can access the Application Administration Console from the BMC Remedy Mid Tier:
- Log in to the BMC Remedy Mid Tier: http:midTierHost>:<midTierPort>/arsys.
- Select Administrator Console > Application Administration Console from the vertical menu on the left side.
The Application Administration Console is displayed.
- Click the View link next to Step 4 People.
- Select the account you want to update with cloud administrator permissions.
- Click the Login/Access Details tab toward the bottom of the page.
- Set the License Type to Fixed License.
- Click to enable the Unrestricted Access checkbox.
- Click Update Permission Groups.
Add the Cloud Admin permission group.
Define at least one cloud administrator account with the following additional permission groups to manage companies, organizations, and people who need to access cloud services:
Permission group Description Foundations > Contact Organization Admin Required if this cloud administrator user needs to create companies or organizations. Foundations > Contact Location Admin Required if this cloud administrator user needs to create locations. Foundations > Licensing Required if this cloud administrator needs to create People records with a Fixed license type or the Cloud Admin template. This permission group is unnecessary if you have already have BMC Remedy AR Administrator permission.
Setting Configuration workspace options
Creating the cloud administrator user and the provider company
Log in or register to comment.