Verifying the CLM Self-Check Monitor installation
You can verify that the CLM Self-Check Monitor product was installed successfully by using the following procedures.
Before you begin
- Create a cloud administrator that you will use to onboard CLM Self-Check Monitor with Platform Manager. This cloud administrator should not access the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management portal or the Enterprise AR or Cloud AR servers. Do not use clmadmin.
- Import the JRE_HOME/lib/security/cacerts file on the Platform Manager host into the JRE on the Self-Check Monitor and AR System server hosts. For more information, see the "To import self-signed certificates for new x.x installations" sections in Enabling SSL HTTPS on Windows non-CLM applications or the "Configuring SSL for new x.x installations" sections in Enabling SSL HTTPS on core Linux CLM applications that currently use HTTP.
To review the installation logs
- If you just completed installing the CLM Self-Check Monitor and the installer prompts you to view the installation log, click View Log and skip to step 3.
- If you already exited the installation host, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the CLM Self-Check Monitor host.
- Open the selfchecker_install_log.txt log file, located in C:\Windows\Temp on Microsoft Windows and /tmp on Linux.
- In the log, verify whether any error messages were reported.
If no error messages were reported, the installation was successful and you can skip the rest of the steps in this procedure and the rest of the sections in this topic.
- For all error, (including SEVERE) messages, perform the steps in the To perform post-installation checks section.
- If a SEVERE error message was reported, additionally perform the steps documented in the Resolving product installation issues on target hosts topic.
To verify the CLM Self-Check Monitor installation
- In a browser, enter the Tomcat URL.
- If you installed using the CLM Self-Check Monitor with the existing HTTPS self-signed certificate, your connection is initially distrusted in the browser. Add and confirm the site exception.
- Verify that the Apache Tomcat 7 welcome page appears.
- Enter the full Self-Checker URL.
You are now ready to configure the CLM Self Checker.
Where to go from here
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you