Verifying the BMC Network Automation installation
You can verify that the BMC Network Automation product was installed successfully by using the following procedures.
To review the BMC Network Automation installation log files
- If you just completed installing BMC Network Automation and the installer prompts you to view the installation log, click View Log and skip to step 3.
- If you already exited the installation host, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the BMC Network Automation host computer.
Open the bcan_install_log.txt log file in the installation directory for your operating system.
Location of installation log files
Default installation log location
Red Hat Linux
- In the log, verify whether any error messages were reported.
If no error messages were reported, the installation was successful. You can skip the rest of the verification procedures in this topic.
- For all error, (including SEVERE) messages, perform the following procedures:
- If a SEVERE error message was reported, additionally perform the steps documented in the Resolving product installation issues on target hosts topic.
To verify that required BMC Network Automation services are running
From a BMC Network Automation server host, ensure that the following processes (Linux) or services (Windows) are running on the target host:
- BCA-Networks Web Server
- BCA-Networks TFTP Server
- Linux: bca-networks (
ps -ef | grep bca-networks)
If this process is not running on Linux, you can attempt to start it by using the following command:
To verify that you can log on to the BMC Network Automation console
Log on to the BMC Network Automation server from a web browser using the sysadmin user name and sysadmin password.
The default port is 11443. After you successfully log in the first time, you will be required to change the password.
To verify the configuration information supplied during installation
- From the BMC Network Automation console, navigate to Admin > System Admin > System Parameters.
- Scroll down the page to External Integrations and verify that the following values supplied during the installation are correct:
- User name (typically admin or Demo)
- Enable BMC Atrium Orchestrator Integration
- Enable CMDB Integration
- If UDDI integration was enabled, check the values for the host name and port in Web Services Base URL under Enable Web Services Registry Integration.