Perform preliminary tasks
You must perform the following preliminary configuration tasks in both BMC AR System Server and the Application Administration Console (installed as part of BMC Remedy IT Service Management Foundation) for a fully operational BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management environment:
To apply hotfixes and workarounds
Make sure that you apply the following hotfixes and workarounds:
Required 4.5 hotfixes
Apply the following hotfixes after you install or upgrade version 4.5.00:
- 000110488– This hotfix provides missing files necessary for using a currency other than USD.
- 000111140 – This hotfix applies only if you have BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization deployed in your environment.
- 000090568 – This hotfix is required when Platform Manager is running on SSL and the Restart All Components option is not available in the CLM Self Checker.
- 000107881 – This hotfix is required for all BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management deployments.
To create a new provider company and a new cloud administrator user account
The installer planner creates a provider company and cloud administrator user when you install Cloud Portal AR Extensions.
You only need to follow these instructions if you want to create an additional new company and user.
After installing BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management, you can create a new provider company and cloud administrator account (in that order) in the Application Administration Console. The provider company is the company that manages the cloud and uses the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Console. You can create any number of cloud administrator accounts, but you should create only one provider company.
To grant cloud administrator permissions to an existing user, see Updating an existing user account with cloud administrator permissions.
To create a new cloud administrator user account and a provider company, complete the following steps:
- Log on to the Application Administration Console as appadmin (no password) or as a user in the AR administrator group.
You can access the Application Administration Console from the BMC Remedy Mid Tier:
- Log on to the BMC Remedy Mid Tier: midTierHost:midTierPort/arsys
- Select Administrator Console > Application Administration Console from the vertical menu on the left side.
The Application Administration Console is displayed.
- Create the provider company for the cloud administrator, as described in Configuring companies.
Select Operating Company as the company type to indicate that it is the provider company.
- Create the organization, as described in Creating organizations.
- Create the location, as described in Creating locations.
- Create the cloud administrator user, as described in Adding people records from a template, and select the Cloud Admin template.
- When creating the cloud administrator user, ensure that the Unrestricted Access box is checked on the People form.
- Cloud users of all types require a fixed license. Select Fixed License as the License Type on the People form.
- (Optional) On the People form, consider adding permission groups to the cloud administrator user, if needed, by clicking Update Permission Groups.
Define at least one cloud administrator account with the following additional permission groups to manage companies, organizations, and people who need to access cloud services:
Permission group Description Foundations > Contact Organization Admin Required if this cloud administrator user needs to create companies or organizations. Foundations > Contact Location Admin Required if this cloud administrator user needs to create locations. Foundations > Licensing Required if this cloud administrator needs to create People records with a Fixed license type or the Cloud Admin template. This permission group is unnecessary if you have already have BMC Remedy AR Administrator permission.
- Using the new cloud administrator account, log onto the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console.
If you have not yet configured the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console, continue with Setting Configuration workspace options.