Onboarding and offboarding Logical Data Centers
A Logical Data Center is a logical construct that can be any external data center entity. For example, in the context of the VMware vCloud Director, a Logical Data Center can be an Organizational Virtual Datacenter (Org vDC). A Logical Data Center is similar to, and at the same hierarchical level as, a network container. Both a Logical Data Center and a network container belong to a Logical Hosting Environment. (A Logical Hosting Environment acts as a separate, abstract entity that contains the data for the Logical Data Center or network container.)
You can onboard or offboard Logical Data Centers in the Network Container tab (part of the Logical Hosting Environment) of the Resource Management workspace.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have registered and configured a VMware vCloud provider. See Registering VMware vCloud providers.
When you want to onboard virtual networks in BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management from an Azure account, you must configure the virtual network and a related affinity group to ensure that the network appears in BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.
To onboard a Logical Data Center
- On the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration console, access the Resource Management > Network > Network Containers workspace.
- Select a Network Container (Logical Hosting Environment).
- Click the Onboard Logical Data Center icon to display the Onboard Logical Data Centers dialog box.
- Select the provider from the Provider drop-down menu to display the list of available Logical Data Centers.
- Select a Logical Data Center entry from the list of available entries, and click Add to add the Logical Data Center to the Resource Management > Network Containers workspace.
After you have onboarded a Logical Data Center, you can proceed to map tenants to the Logical Data Center.
To offboard a Logical Data Center
To offboard a current Logical Data Center from a Resource Management > Network Container workspace, highlight the Logical Data Center entry from the selected list, and click Remove.