Managing multiple user accounts for an Azure Provider
This topic provides information about managing multiple user accounts for the Azure Provider. You can add multiple Microsoft Azure user accounts, and edit or delete an existing user account.
To add account credentials
- From the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management – Administration Console, click the vertical Workspaces menu on the left side of the window and select Providers.
On the Providers page, select the Azure provider type and click Manage Multiple Accounts.
The Manage Azure User Account window displays the Existing Azure credentials pane.
In the Add Account Credentials section, enter the required Microsoft Azure user-account and management-certificate information:
Field Description Subscription ID Unique ID assigned to the Microsoft Azure user account to access the Microsoft Azure management portal. Account Prefix Prefix to identify the Microsoft Azure Affinity Group and Virtual Network entries. The prefix must be unique and can be of 5 - 255 characters. It should consist of only letters (lowercase or UPPERCASE). Numeric or special characters are not allowed.
Note: While creating a storage account in Microsoft Azure, Azure Provider prefixes the first 5 characters of the Account Prefix details entered here for the VM provisioned using the corresponding account.
File name of the management certificate used by the Microsoft Azure account and saved on the BMC Platform Manager server in the default location (<BMCCLM_HOME>\Platform_Manager).
Perform the following steps when the Azure certificate expires:
- Change the certificate name and password in the Truststore Name and Truststore Password fields with the corresponding new name and password.
- Ensure that the certificate is of the same subscription.
- Restart the Platform Manager service.
Truststore Password Password that corresponds to the specified Microsoft Azure management certificate file.
- Click Add.
A notification appears, indicating that the account details have been saved.
- Click OK.
The newly added account details appear in the Existing Azure Credentials list.
- To edit a user:
- Select the user name from the table on the left.
- Click the Edit button .
- Make the necessary changes in the parameter table.
- Click Save.
- To delete a user, select the user name, and click the Delete button .
Ensure that you do not have any onboarded resources that correspond to the Azure account credential that you intend to delete.
Where to go from here
To configure Azure resources, see Configuring resources for the Azure Provider services.