Mapping resource pools to network containers
This topic describes how to map resource pools to network containers. You can map both compute resource pools and platform-as-a-server (PaaS) resource pools to network containers.
This topic contains the following sections:
Before you can use the resources in a resource pool, you must associate the resource pool with a network container. Network containers can share resource pools if you associate (or map) the pool to more than one network container.
You cannot map a default resource pool to a network container.
To map resource pools to a network container
- From the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console, click the vertical Workspaces menu at left and select Resources.
Under Quick Links at left, click Network Containers under the Network section.
- Select the network container to which you want to map one or more resource pools.
- Click Manage Pool Mappings .
The Map Pools dialog box opens.
- Find the resource pools that you want to add to the network container:
- You can page through the list by clicking the Page button .
- You can search for resource pools by entering a search string in the Search box and clicking Search .
- Select one or more resource pools in the Available Pools table and click Add to move them to the Mapped Pools table.
You can also drag and drop resource pools from the Available Pools table to the Mapped Pools table.
- Click Save.
The selected pools are mapped to the network container.