Requesting cloud services on behalf of another user
Cloud and tenant administrators can request service offerings on behalf of any cloud user to save time and enable faster implementation of the service. This topic describes how to request a service offering instance from the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management - Administration Console on behalf of another cloud user.
- A cloud administrator can request a service offering on behalf of any user within the same or across different onboarded tenants.
- A tenant administrator can request a service offering on behalf of users belonging to the same tenant.
Alternatively, in the My Cloud Services console, you can select an owner for a service you are requesting. For more information, see Requesting cloud services.
The following BMC Communities video (4:04) describes how a cloud or tenant administrator can request cloud services on behalf of another user. The video shows how to perform the steps in the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console and in the My Cloud Services console.
To request a cloud service offering on behalf of another user
To learn how to request a service on behalf of another user in the My Cloud Services console, see Requesting cloud services.
- From the Administration Console, click the vertical Workspaces menu and select Service Instances.
- On the Service Instances pane, click the Service Catalog tab or click .
- On the Service Catalog pane, perform any of the following actions to select a service offering that suits your requirement:
- Click to view service offerings that you might have added to the favorites list by clicking on the service offering.
- Click Popular to view service offerings that are requested frequently.
- Click Browse to browse through the service catalog and view the available service offerings.
- Select any service offering as per your requirement and click
If the service offering that you selected offers options to customize your service, select those options now. As you select options, the Selected Options and Pricing Summary sections on the right side of the dialog keep a running total of the options you select and their cost. Note that some services offer no options. to request it immediately.
- Click Next. The following figure is displayed.
On the Submit Request dialog box, enter the required information.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- In the Name and Description fields, enter the name and description for the service offering.
- Use the controls in the Quantity field to increase or decrease the number of services that you want to provision for the user.
- In the Select service recipient field, select Another User and click the Service Recipient Selection icon .
The Service Recipient Selection dialog box is displayed.
From the Tenant list, select the tenant of the user for whom you are requesting a service.
If you are a cloud tenant administrator, the Tenant list is disabled. As a cloud tenant administrator, if you have been assigned multiple tenants, then the Tenant list is enabled and you can request a service offering instance of behalf of any user belonging to the tenants assigned to you.
- To search for an intended service recipient user, enter the details of the user in the First Name, Last Name or Login ID fields and click Search.
The list of users that match the specified criteria in the selected tenant appears in the table.
- From the users list, select the user and click Select.
On the Submit Request dialog box, the Tenant, Name, and other details of the user are displayed.
- In the Instance Name Prefix field, enter the name of the server.
- In Username, Password, and Confirm Password, enter the appropriate credentials.
The credentials are required to log on to the virtual machine (VM) that gets created after the service is provisioned.
- Click Next.
On the dialog box, verify the request details, the selected options, and the pricing summary.
In the Quota details area, the available quota for the selected user is displayed. If the available quota is less than the required quota, the service request fails.
- Click Submit.
On the Service Instances pane, click the Activities tab to view the status of the service offering.
When you create a new service offering on behalf of another user, you must inform the user the credentials required to log on to the VM.
Log in or register to comment.