Integrating brownfield BMC Remedy AR System applications
This topic contains instructions for integrating your existing brownfield BMC Remedy AR System products into the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution.
To integrate brownfield BMC Remedy AR System applications in your cloud implementation
- Verify that the supported versions of the following BMC Remedy AR System products are available in your environment:
- BMC Remedy AR System 8.1.01
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier 8.1.01
- BMC Atrium Core 8.1.01
- BMC Service Request Management – 8.1.01 (This product is mandatory for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.)
- If any of the products are missing or are of a lower version, install or upgrade them by using stand-alone installers.
Ensure that the versions match the supported versions. For more information about installing stand-alone products, see the installation documentation for the particular product.
- Ensure that the host on which you installed BMC Remedy AR System meets the prerequisites.
- Launch the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management installer.
- In the Select Installation Type panel, select Install and then click Next.
- In the Select Deployment Type panel, select Integrate with an Existing Deployment, and then click Next.
- Review the integration disclaimer, agree to its terms, and then click Next.
- In the BMC Installation Registry panel, specify if you have an existing backup registry, and then click Next.
- On the Select Deployment Template panel, choose the type of deployment template to implement, and then click Next.
- On the Deployment Tier Selection panel, select a deployment tier, for example, Control Tier.
- On the Host Information panel, enter the host name of the existing BMC Remedy AR System server in the BMC AR System Server – Cloud Portal and Database – Primary field and integrate it.
- Review the integration summary, and then click Next.
- When the integration is finished, click Upgrade to Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.1.00 to continue, and then click Next.
- Choose the Modify Existing Deployment option and perform the BMC Remedy AR System post-installation steps to create the BMC Atrium Orchestrator user.
Exit and relaunch the installer and install the remaining products by using the Modify Existing Deployment option.
Make sure that you install the remaining products in the order specified in Installation order and product dependencies.