Upgrading UI customizations
When you installed BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 2.1, you might have customized one or several components in the solution to suit your business needs. This section covers information about how to port those customizations to version 3.1 or 3.1 SP1 when you perform the upgrade.
Porting My Cloud Services Console (end-user portal) customizations
If you customized the End User Portal or CMU:ServiceInstances form and its related workflow (CSM:USI:<workflow name>) when you installed Cloud 2.1, for example, added Operator Action customization or made any user interface (UI) customizations, perform the following instructions to port those customizations. If you did not perform any customizations to the CMU:ServiceInstances form or its related workflow, you can skip the following procedure.
The full functionality of the Cloud 3.0 End User Portal or Service Instances workspace components might not be present if you omit the steps outlined in this section.
After you upgrade the End User Portal component, the old form that was used for the Service Instances workspace (CMU:ServiceInstances) will be renamed to CMU:ServiceInstances_21. When you log into BMC Remedy Developer Studio in best practice customization mode, you should expect to see the following changes:
- If an overlay existed for the CMU:ServiceInstances form, it will be renamed to CMU:ServiceInstances_21.
- Any custom workflow objects that were attached to this form will remain intact and will be attached to the CMU:ServiceInsatnces_21 form.
- Any workflow objects with an overlay that are still being used by Cloud 3.0 will continue to exist and will be attached to the CMU:ServiceInstances_21 form.
- Any workflow objects with an overlay that are no longer used by Cloud 3.0, and were deleted, will no longer exist.
To port customizations to the My Cloud Services Console (end-user portal) component
- Create a new overlay of the CMU:ServiceInstances form.
- Copy any UI elements that you added in Cloud 2.1 overlay to the new overlay that you created in the previous step.
UI elements that you added to the Cloud 2.1 version of the CMU:ServiceInstances form will be preserved on the overlay of the CMU:ServiceInstances_21 form post upgrade. If you want to port these UI elements in Cloud 3.0 you must copy them to the new CMU:ServiceInstances overlay.
- If required, reapply any customizations to the existing Cloud fields, for example, additions to selection fields, rearrangement of fields, display property changes, and so on.
- Attach any custom workflow objects that were created in Cloud 2.1, and that are now attached to the CMU:ServiceInstances_21 form, to the CMU:ServiceInstances form if they are still required.
Review and compare any workflow objects with overlays, which are now attached to the CMU:ServiceInstances_21 form, to the new base workflow objects that was installed with Cloud 3.0.
For example, if you have an overlay of workflow object CMU:USI:OnLoaded_CG that is attached to the CMU:ServiceInstances_21 form, you should compare it to the base object with the same name that is attached to the CMU:ServiceInstances form.
To view the content of the base workflow objects, you must use the Base Development mode in BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- After the comparison, if you determine that there are changes to the base workflow objects that were shipped with Cloud 3.0, BMC recommends that you delete your workflow objects that have an overlay and re-apply your customization by creating a new overlay of the base workflow object shipped with Cloud 3.0.
If you determine that there were no changes in the Cloud 3.0 base workflow, attach your workflow object with overlays to the CMU:ServiceInstances form.
If you did not overlay any CMU:USI:xxx workflow objects that are not attached to the CMU:ServiceInstances form, the End User Portal might not function properly.
- Flush both Mid Tier and your browser cache.
- Verify your customizations.