Resolving product installation issues on target hosts
When you install a product in the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution on a target host, you might encounter issues due to various reasons. This topic explains the possible reasons for the error and provides the steps that you can perform to troubleshoot a specific installation issue.
To resolve errors with the product installation
- Ensure that no network failure issues or environment-related issues occurred.
- If you found a network or environment related issues, revert the installer and target hosts and restore the database, if required, to the state where you started the installation.
- Search for the Utilities folder under C:\BMC Software (on Windows) or /opt/bmc (on Linux) installation and launch the BusinessServiceManagementMaintenanceTool.
- Select the Zip All Logsbutton to back up all product installation logs, including:
- The planner_install.log (located at %temp% for Windows and /tmp for Linux) on the installer host.
- The rscd.log, located on the target host.
- Examine the logs for any for SEVERE and FATAL error messages. If you found a SEVERE or FATAL error, ensure that you resolve them.
- Verify that the product for which the installation error was generated is installed correctly.
- After performing all of the above steps, attempt installing the product again.
- If the issue still persists, contact BMC Support.
To expedite the resolution, ensure that you have all the log files and installation screenshots, if any, ready before you contact BMC Support.