Verifying the BMC Remedy AR System Mid Tier installation
You can verify that the BMC Remedy AR System Mid Tier product (the mid tier) was installed successfully by using the following procedures.
To review the installation logs
- If you just completed installing the mid tier and the installer prompts you to view the installation log, click View Log and skip to step 3.
- If you already exited the installation host, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the mid tier host.
- Open the arsystem_install_log.txt log file, located in C:\Windows\Temp on Microsoft Windows and /tmp on Linux.
- In the log, verify whether any error messages were reported.
If no error messages were reported, the installation was successful and you can skip the rest of the steps in this procedure and the rest of the sections in this topic.
- For all error, (including SEVERE) messages, perform the steps in the To perform post-installation checks section.
- If a SEVERE error message was reported, additionally perform the steps documented in the Resolving product installation issues on target hosts topic.
To perform post-installation checks
- Log on to the mid tier host and verify that the Apache Tomcat 6.0 service is running.
To verify that services are running on Windows, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. To verify that processes are running on Linux, type
ps -ef | grep -i arsystem.
- Verify that you are able to access the mid tier by performing the following steps:
You can access the mid tier link by using: http://<BMC Remedy AR System server and IT Service Management Suite host name>:<port number>/arsys. The default port number is 8080.
- Launch a web browser and specify the mid tier URL (the host name where the mid tier with web server is installed) in the address field.
- Verify that the mid tier logon page is displayed.
- Log on as the Demo user and verify that you are able to connect to the AR System server.