Verifying the BMC Network Automation - Device Agent installation
You can verify that the BMC Network Automation - Device Agent product was installed successfully by using the following procedure.
To review the installation logs
- If you just completed installing BMC Network Automation - Device Agent and the installer prompts you to view the installation log, click View Log and skip to step 3.
- If you already exited the installation host, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the BMC Network Automation - Device Agent host.
- Open the bcan_install_log.txt installation log file.
The log file is located at C:\Windows\Temp on Microsoft Windows and /tmp on Linux.
- In the log, verify whether any error messages were reported.
If no SEVERE error messages were reported, the installation was successful. You can skip the rest of the steps in this procedure.
- For all error, (including SEVERE) messages, verify that the BCA-Networks Agent service is running.
To verify that services are running on Windows, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. To verify that processes are running on Linux, type
ps -ef | grep bcan-agent.
- If the BCA-Networks Agent service is created but is not started on the host, revert the snapshot and re-start the install.
- If a SEVERE error message was reported, additionally perform the steps documented in the Resolving product installation issues on target hosts topic.