Integrating brownfield BMC Remedy AR System applications
This topic contains instructions for integrating your existing brownfield BMC Remedy AR System products, such as BMC Remedy AR System & BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite – Primary, into the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution.
To integrate brownfield BMC Remedy AR System applications in your cloud implementation
- Verify that the supported versions of the following BMC Remedy AR System products are available in your environment:
- BMC Remedy AR System 8.0.00
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier 8.0.00
- BMC Atrium Core 8.0.00
- BMC Remedy ITSM Suite (including BMC Remedy Change Management) 8.0.00
- BMC Service Request Management – 8.0.00 (This product is mandatory for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.)
- If any of the products are missing, install them by using stand-alone installers.
Ensure that the versions match the supported versions. For more information about installing stand-alone products, see the installation documentation for the particular product.
- Ensure that the host on which you installed BMC Remedy AR System meets the prerequisites.
- Launch the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Installer and choose the Integrate with an Existing Deployment option.
- On the Deployment template panel, specify the host name of the existing BMC Remedy AR System server in the BMC Remedy AR System & BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite – Primary field.
- Specify other information as required by the installer.
- Relaunch the installer and choose the Modify Existing Deployment option.
- Install the BMC Remedy AR System Cloud Database product and perform the post-installation steps:
- Create the BMC Atrium Orchestrator user.
- Configure the Distributed Server Option (DSO) mappings.
Relaunch the installer and install the remaining products by using the Modify Existing Deployment option.
Make sure that you install the remaining products in the order specified in Prerequisites for installation, installation order, and product dependencies.