Manually installing the stand-alone RSCD Agent
In some situations, you might need to manually install the stand-alone 64-bit RSCD Agent instead of using the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Installer.
The RSCD Agent is required on all target VMs where BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management component products are going to be installed. The BMC Network Shell (NSH) on the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management installation host communicates with the RSCD agent to deploy the component products.
Installing the RSCD agent by using domain user credentials is not supported in this release.
To manually install the RSCD Agent
- If the RSCD Agent is already installed, uninstall it first by using the BMC Server Automation uninstaller.
- On the installer computer, navigate to the BL-RSCD folder.
- Navigate to:
- On Microsoft Windows: C:\InstallPlanner\media\Applications\BL-RSCD\Windows.
- On Linux: /opt/InstallPlanner/media/Applications/BL-RSCD/Linux.
- Copy the setup executable file.
- Paste the executable file to the target computer.
- Manually launch the RSCD Agent installer.
Edit the last line in the rsc exports file, as follows:
On a Windows server, update the exports file (C:\Windows\rsc) by creating the following entry:
On a UNIX server, update the exports file (/usr/lib/rsc) by creating the following entry:
where host is a restrictive setting, such as comma separated list of IP addresses or host names of the Application Servers.
- Save the file.
- Restart the RSCD agent.
- On Windows, restart from the Services panel.
- On Linux, run the following command:
- Verify if the profile of the user that is mapped to the RSCD Agent in C:\Windows\rsc\exports (Windows) and /usr/lib/rsc (Linux) exists.
If you do not verify this information, the product installations probably will not launch properly.
- On Windows:
- Log on to the computer using the Administrator user.
- Verify that the C:\Users\Administrator folder exists.
- On Linux:
- Log on to the computer using the root user.
- Verify that the /root folder exists.
- On Windows: