BMC recommends the following actions when you install BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management:
- Before you start installing, review the Prerequisites for installation, installation order, and product dependencies and Planning your installation topics.
- Finish a product installation in one session.
You have not completed an installation until you see the Done button in the installer.
Keep the installer host running until you finish installing and configuring all the products in the deployment type that you chose.
If the installer host shuts down due to an IT policy in your organization, operating system update, or network shutdown, you run the risk of corrupting the installation data on the installer host.
To reduce installation time significantly, ensure that you do not install the products over the wide area network (WAN).
- Because of their dependencies, install BMC Remedy AR System & IT Service Management Suite – Primary and BMC Remedy AR System Server – Cloud Database Primary in the same session. Use the following sequence:
- Install BMC Remedy AR System & BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite – Primary.
- Install BMC Remedy AR System Server – Cloud Database Primary.
- Configure the DSO Mapping of BMC Remedy AR System & BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite – Primary.
- Configure the DSO Mapping of BMC Remedy AR System Server – Cloud Database Primary.
- Click Done in the installer when you have successfully installed and configured the two products listed in the preceding step.
- When the installation is finished, exit the installer and save the PlannerProductRegistry.xml registry file to a different computer.
For more information, see Switching installer computers.
- Restart the installer.
Install the next product (for example, Platform Manager - Cloud DB Extensions, BMC Server Automation - App Server & Console, or BMC Atrium Orchestrator - Server).
To close the installer, do not click the Cancel button during a product installation unless it is absolutely necessary (for example, the installer is not working and you have no choice but to start over). This action can result in the installer registry not being generated or not being updated.