Resource management workspace overview
The Resource Management workspace provides onboarding, pooling, and visualization of resources in the cloud. For overview information, see Resource management overview.
See the following topics for additional information about the Resource Management workspace:
- Compute Pools workarea overview
- Locations workarea overview
- Network Containers workarea overview
- Pods workarea overview
- Resources workarea overview
Quick Links — Provides short-cut style access to resources. You can close the Quick Links section by clicking .
- General — Provides access to Locations and Pods. Click the triangle to open or close the section.
- Locations — Click to display all of the locations for pods that have been onboarded. Double-click a location to view the location's pods.
- Pods — Click to view all of the pods in all locations. Double-click a pod to view the network containers in the pod.
- Network — Provides access to the list of network containers. Click the triangle to open or close the section.
- Network Containers — Click to view all of the network containers in BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.
- Compute — Provides access to the list of compute resources pools and resources that have not yet been pooled. Click the triangle to open or close the section.
- Compute Pools — Click to view and manage compute resource pools.
- Resources — Click to view, onboard, and manage compute resources.
Toolbar — Provides access to the following:
- Enter a search string and click the search button to search the objects in the work area.
- Click to display icons for the objects in the work area. You can double-click an icon to view objects underneath.
- Click to display the objects in a table. You can double-click an entry in the table to view objects underneath.
- Click to refresh the data in the table.
- When the table spans multiple pages, click to move to another page.
Details — Click to display the details panel. Displays details for the selected object.
- Pending Activity table — Opens when a command is issued through the user interface and lists the status of the activity.
- Click to close the Pending Activity table.
- Click to delete the selected action in the Pending Activity table. You cannot delete queued activities.
- Click to display the detailed error information.
- Click to open the Audit Trail workspace.
- Rotates to indicate that the table is refreshing.
- When the pending activity table spans multiple pages, click to move to another page.
- table column headings — Click a column heading to sort the data in the table.
The following tasks are associated with the Resource management workspace:
Onboarding and offboarding network pods
Importing network container blueprints
Creating network containers
Onboarding compute resources
Creating compute resource pools
Adding compute resources to compute resource pools
Mapping compute pools to network containers
Configuring VND storage resources