Mapping tenants to network containers
Before tenant users can request services, you must associate each tenant with a network container. For overview information about network containers, see Network resources overview. To create a network container, see Creating network containers.
Before you begin
- The tenant companies that you want to map must exist in the Application Administration Console.
- The tenant companies that you want to map must be onboarded into the cloud, as described in Onboarding tenants.
- At least one network container must exist, as described in Creating network containers.
To map tenants to a network container
- From the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console, click the vertical Workspaces menu on the left side of the window and select Resources.
- Under Quick Links on the left, click Network Containers under the Network section.
- Select the network container to which you want to map one or more tenants.
- Click the Manage Tenant Mappings icon .
The Map Tenants dialog box is displayed for the selected network container, identified by Name at the top of the dialog box.The list of tenants is displayed in the Available Tenants table.
- To find specific tenants in the table, you can:
- Page through a long list of tenants by clicking the page button .
- Enter a search string in the Search box under Map Tenants and clicking the search icon .
- Select one or more tenants in the Available Tenants table and click the Add button.
The selected tenant names move to the Mapped Tenants table.
You can also drag tenants from one table to the other.
- Click Save.
The selected tenants are mapped to the network container.
You can remove a tenant that is mapped to a network container by selecting the tenant in the Mapped Tenants table and clicking the Remove button.