Entering network resource provider registration information
This procedure continues the process described in Registering resource providers.
BMC Network Automation is the default network resource provider for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management. This procedure describes how to register an instance of BMC Network Automation.
To register BMC Network Automation as the default network resource provider
- Access the Register Provider dialog box.
- Select Network (Default) as the resource provider type to register.
- Type a name for this instance of the provider.
- Type a useful description.
Descriptions can help you distinguish provider instances from each other and can help you find a provider by using Search.
- Type tag names in the space provided.
Tags are keywords that can help you find this provider quickly.
- Enter the following information:
- Name — Lists the name of the provider.
- Description — Lists the user-created description of the provider.
- Host — Enter the name of the BMC Network Automation host computer.
- Port — Enter the web services communication port number for the BMC Network Automation instance.
- Protocol — Enter the web services protocol needed to connect to the BMC Network Automation instance, such as https.
- Username — Enter the BMC Network Automation user name.
- Password — Enter the password for the user name provided.
- Timeout Period — Enter the timeout period for outgoing BMC Network Automation API calls from BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management.
- Custom Action ID — (Optional) Enter the name of the custom action used for physical server provisioning. The default is Provision Switch Port.
- Custom Action Arguments — (Optional) Enter any custom action argument in a comma separated list.
- Click Submit.
After you register a resource provider, you can then onboard resources from that provider as described in Editing and removing resources.