Creating a physical location for a pod
Before you can create a pod, you must create a site in the Physical Location form on the BMC Remedy AR System Server and BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite server.
- Create a direct access URL link to the Physical Location form using the mid-tier server and port.
Specify a valid enterprise BMC Remedy AR System server (EAR Host in the accompanying syntax example) in the URL. The direct access link follows this format:
http://<Mid-Tier Host>:<Mid-Tier Port>/arsys/forms/<EAR Host>/BMC.CORE:BMC_PhysicalLocation
- Enter values for the following (all fields are required unless otherwise noted):
- Name (required)
- Short Description (optional)
- DatasetId (BMC.ASSET)
- StateOrProvince (optional, located on the Specification tab)
- Company (optional, located on the Custom 2 tab)
- Click Save.