Creating entitlement packages
Entitlement packages are groups of requestable offerings that you want to make available to one or more tenant companies.
To create an entitlement package
- From the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console, click the vertical Workspaces menu on the left side of the window and select Service Catalog.
- Click the Entitlement Packages tab.
The Packages workarea is displayed.
- Click the Create Entitlement Package icon
The Package Details dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a name for the package.
- Enter a description.
- In Company, select the tenant company for the package or select Global to make the package available to all companies.
- You can enter or select a package group.
Package Group marks a package as being part of a group. The Package Group value is not used anywhere else.
- In the Available Requestable Offerings (SRDs) table, select the offerings that you want to make available to the selected company.
- Click Add to move the offering to the Selected Requestable Offerings (SRDs) table.
You can also drag and drop entitlement packages from one table to the other.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
You can now associate the new entitlement package with a particular tenant company, as described in Selecting tenant entitlement packages.
Related BMC Communities blog entry
The following link provides supplemental information available from a blog entry in BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Communities:
This blog entry discusses how to configure entitlement for a Tenant’s users, whether they belong to the same department/Organization or different, so that they can see different Service Request Definitions/Rquestable Offerings assigned to them.