Managing Logical Data Center user mappings
In this task, you associate one or more Logical Data Center organizations and user-specified vCloud users with existing BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management tenants. One-to-one and many-to-one mappings are supported, where the target destination of the mapping is the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management tenant. That is, one or more vCloud users can be mapped to a single BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management tenant.
This topic includes the following sections:
Before you begin
- Register a vCloud provider. See Registering VMware vCloud providers.
- Onboard a Logical Data Center. See Onboarding and offboarding Logical Data Centers.
- Map BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management tenants to the Logical Data Center. See Mapping BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management tenants to the Logical Data Center.
Adding the user mapping
- From the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Administration Console, choose the Providers workspace.
- Select the Compute category, and then highlight a vCloud provider from the list.
- Click the Manage Logical Data Center User Map icon to display the Manage Logical Data Center User Map dialog box. The dialog box displays existing mappings and the user mapping fields that are required to add new user associations. By default, it opens in Add mode.
- Complete the required fields:
A drop-down list of defined BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management tenant organizations
A drop-down list of defined BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management users associated with the designated tenant organization.
If you associate all users of a BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management tenant with the same vCloud user, you do not need to specify a BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management user from this list. You can override this behavior for a specific BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management user by adding a separate mapping for this user.
Logical Data Center Organization
A drop-down list of Logical Data Center organizations that are onboarded during the Logical Data Center onboard process. This list displays only the organizations associated with selected vCloud provider.
Logical Data Center User
In this context, a specified vCloud Director user who is associated with the selected Logical Data Center organization
- Click Add. The user mapping is added to the list of existing mappings.
- Repeat these steps for each BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management and vCloud association.
After establishing the mappings, you can work with vCloud Service Blueprints.
Editing an existing user mapping
- Under Existing User Mappings, select the user mapping entry that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Make your changes in the Edit Selected Mappings fields.
- Click Update.
Deleting a user mapping
- Under Existing User Mappings, select the user mapping entry that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon.