Configuring additional No Impact processes (optional)
No impact processes enable you to bypass approval phases and shorten your workflow. No Impact changes are not treated any differently than standard changes. As a result, default changes that are No Impact go through all the same approvals required for normal changes. The exception is the Business Approval - No Impact phase that by default has a No Impact specific process created.
To configure additional No Impact processes
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Foundation > Advanced Options > Approval Process Configuration, and then click Open.
- On the Approval Process Configuration form, configure Review and Close Down Approval approval processes that are specifically used for No Impact changes.
You can give the same phase name as the other processes.
You do not need to create an Implementation Approval process for No Impact changes, because the default Business Approval - No Impact process goes from the Begin status of Request for Change to a finished Approved status of Scheduled. As a result, the change bypasses the Implementation Approval phase that starts at the Scheduled for Approval status.
- In the Phase Name field on the Approval Process tab, append - No Impact to them.
For example, you would enter Close Down Approval - No Impact, essentially like you did when configuring an emergency change process. Make sure you use a useful name to denote that these processes are for No Impact changes.
This process then overrides the generic approval process that comes from the Status Flow and Additional Qualifications tabs.
- On the Status Flow tab, make sure the Begin status is the same as the other approval process that you want to override.
- On the Advanced Qualification tab, select No Impact from the Change Timing/Class field.
With this setting, when a No Impact change is created, workflow is triggered to find and use the more specific approval process for No Impact changes.
- Save your results.
You are now finished with the approval process configuration section.