Initiate stage - Creating change requests
Changes start at the Initiate stage of the change request lifecycle. Most change requests are generated from a incident, problem investigation, an RFC proposed by Problem Management, or a known error. When change requests are generated by any of these records, some information is copied from the record. For example, when a change request is generated from an incident, the Description, Impact and Urgency, and the Product and Service Categorization fields are copied to the change request. The Requester Information defaults to the user initiating the change request.
Change requests created from another BMC Remedy ITSM application like Incident or Service Request Management are created in Request for Authorization status.
Creating change requests
In addition, BMC Change Management enables any user with Change Submit permissions to enter change requests. Change managers (and change coordinators) can enter and resolve change requests quickly with the option to define and relate items before saving the change request.
How you create a change request depends on which view of the BMC Change Management application you use, Classic View or Best Practice View.
For instructions, see the following topics:
- Creating a change request at the initiate stage - Best Practice view
- Creating a change request at the Initiate stage - Classic view
- Creating emergency change requests
- Creating a change request from Atrium Impact Simulator
- Creating change requests as rollbacks
- Associating custom process flows to a change template
- Selecting change templates
- Impact, urgency, and priority criteria
- Using custom classifications for change requests