Using the Calendar
The Calendar is a dynamic console for scheduling, managing, and monitoring incidents, problems, changes, releases, and secondary data sources like the related activities and manifest. It is intended to be used by enterprise CIOs and members of the Change Advisory Board (CAB), usually during a CAB meeting, to view incidents, problems, changes, releases, planned and unplanned CI outages, and business events occurring in the organization for a given duration. The calendar displays the details of the events similar to the way a project management application shows activities and tasks, except that the Change Calendar is more dynamic and interactive.
If you are using Service Pack 1 for version 8.1.00, the Calendar also displays information about incidents, problems, and unplanned CI outages.
The following topics provide more information about using the Calendar:
- Calendar overview
- What's new in the calendar in SP 1 for version 8.1.00
- What's new in the 8.1.00 calendar
- Locating 8.0 features in the new calendar
- Calendar functional areas in SP 1 for version 8.1.00
- Calendar functional areas
- Calendar views
- Collision detection in the Calendar
- Using the date picker on the Change Calendar
- Creating user-defined queries in the Change Calendar
- Exporting events to the ICS file
- Example of using Change Calendar