Using task assignment configuration processes
Using BMC Remedy Assignment Engine, you can define which assignment engine process to use. The shipping application includes one preconfigured task assignment configuration process that administers and controls individual assignment on a Global basis-Task Assignment Round Robin. You could modify the preconfigured data or add new processes for companies, as needed.
To perform procedures in this section, you must have Task Administrator or Task Application Config permissions. ASE-Administrator permission is also required to configure assignments. For information, see Task Management System permissions.
To use assignment configuration processes
- On the IT Home page, click the Application Administration Console link.
- On the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Task Management System > Assignment > Assignment Configuration, and then click Open.
- On the Assignment Configuration form, search for an assignment configuration record to which to add assignment information, or add assignment configuration information to a new entry.
- To view the process preconfigured round-robin task assignment process, select an entry, and then click View.
- To create new processes, see Adding assignment processes in the BMC Remedy Action Request System Configuring documentation.