In addition to the release priorities supplied out-of-the-box for you, the Release Management administrator can define new Priority maps with an Impact and Urgency combination. You can configure release prioritization data for each company, or create new global priorities. If you create and enable a new release priority, it overrides the default setting, unless you disable it.
When creating priorities, the Priority field on the main Release form is calculated based on the Urgency and Impact specified.
Impact + Urgency = Priority.
To configure release priorities
- In the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Release Management> Advanced Options> Release Prioritization, and then click Open.
- Select a company to create the release prioritization for.
You can create a process flow for Calbro Financial Corporation and a completely different flow for a different corporation.
If you select Global, the approval process applies to all companies.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- In the Urgency field, specify the importance assigned to the release (for example, 3-Medium).
- In the Impact field, specify the extent to which the release affects the business (for example, 3-Moderate/Limited).
- In the Priority field, specify the importance you (as support staff) assign to the release (for example, Low).
- Save your changes.
As a result, when a release coordinator creates a release for Calbro Services and selects an Impact of 3-Moderate/Limited and Urgency 3-Medium, the Release form now is set to the new Priority of Low.
Defining priorities in the Release form
Release coordinators can also choose to manually override the calculation and specify a different Priority on the main Release form.