Managing Calendar user preferences
Define your display preferences for each data source according to your requirements. You can set the display preferences to display data for a selected data filter, a specific calendar view, and for a specific duration, and define preferences of the type and level of business events.
To manage your display preferences
In the top-right area of the Calendar console, click the Settings icon and select Preferences.
In the Display Preferences dialog box, select the following preferences:
Select the name of the primary data source for which you are defining preferences.
To make this data source the default data source, select Default. Only one primary data source can be set to default, so when you set a data source as default, any existing default data source will no longer be the default one.
The data source defines the set of forms that are used to populate the data. From the list, you can select the primary data source preference — change or release.
If you are using Service Pack 1 for version 8.1.00, you can additionally select incidents or problems as the primary data source preference.
Select the duration – Days, Weeks, or Months for which the calendar events are displayed.
Select the preferred view. You have the following options:
- Calendar — View the calendar events on a calendar view
- Eventlist — View a list of the calendar events
- Timeline — View the calendar events and records related to them across a timeline
Select a query to filter the data. Select the preferred status from By Status to filter based on the status of the data source. If you have defined any custom filters for the data source, you can select them from the list.
- Global — This setting is especially useful in a multi-tenancy environment. The global flag retrieves business events with Global as the company identifier.
- If selected, all business events are shown.
- If cleared, only business events local to the user's company are shown.
- Level — Retrieves the level of business event indicated. If no level is defined (that is, it contains no value), all business events of all levels are retrieved.
Note: You create business events from the Change console. Select Functions > Time Segments > Create Business Events in the Change console to create a business event.
(requires Service Pack 1 for version 8.1.00)
Select the type of outages (planned and unplanned) that you want to see in the Calendar.
- Click Save.