Locating 8.0 features in the new calendar
This topic provides information about locating features from the 8.0.00 calendar that have been relocated on the new Change Calendar UI.
Filters in the left pane
The following changes have been made in the location of filters and other options in the left pane:
- Predefined filters like Quick Filter, Filter By Related CI, and Filter By Location are listed under Queries > Predefined Queries on the Filters & Queries pane. These queries have been renamed as follows:
8.0.00 query name
8.1.00 query name
Filter By Related CI
By Related CIs
Note: The CI ID Search field for this query, has been replaced by a CI Name search field.
Filter By Location
Filter By Service
- The list displayed under Queries > Predefined Queries depends on the value selected in the Filters menu. If you select Change Request from the Filters menu, all queries related to change requests are displayed.
- Business event settings that were included in the left pane are available from the Settings > Preferences menu of the new calendar.
- Quick links for creating change or release requests are now available from the Applications flyout menu. Business events can be created only within the Change Management or Release Management console.
- The Print and Reports links have been replaced by the Print and Reports icons on the top-right menu of the Change Calendar.
- The Set Defaults link from the Quick links menu is now available from Settings > Preferences.
- Because the durations defined in the new calendar differ from the durations defined in the previous calendar, the Timespan in option on the Preferences dialog box is selected as Days for the duration of a day and Weeks for the duration of 5 days or 7 days.
- When you access your preferences for the first time, the Preferred query selection is displayed as My default filter and has the value that was configured for Set Defaults in the previous calendar.
Saved filters and quick filters
If you saved a Quick Filter, Filter by CI, Filter By Location, or Service CI Search, they are migrated to the new calendar and are listed under Queries > Predefined Queries on the Filters & Queries pane. However, the following limitations apply:
- The Approval Status value has been deferred in the new version of the calendar. If your customized query included an Approval Status value, this setting is ignored.
- If you created a Quick Filter, Filter by CI, Filter By Location, or Service CI Search that included both change- and release-specific fields, the saved search might be migrated incorrectly.
To ensure that these queries are migrated to the My Queries section of the new calendar, verify that either only change-specific or only release-specific field values are populated in the existing filter.
- If you created a Quick Filter, Filter by CI, Filter By Location, or Service CI Search but did not select a value for any of the change- or release-specific fields, the saved search is not migrated.
To ensure that these queries are migrated to the My Queries section of the new calendar, select at least one change- or release-specific value for the query.
Main calendar view
The following changes have been made in the location of options in the main calendar view:
- The Quick Filtering option for a day, 5 days, or 7 days has been replaced by durations of a day, week, or month accessible from the timeline bar. The duration of 5 days or 7 days is now represented as a week.
- Business events and change or release requests were displayed in separate panes. Business events are now displayed as a part of the change or release request pane of the Calendar view of the Change Calendar. They are not displayed in the Eventlist or Timeline view.
- Details of the change or release request, or the business event, are displayed in an InfoTip when you hover over the event. Full details of the event are displayed in the Details flyout pane.
- The date picker that was displayed in the bottom pane of the calendar can now be accessed by clicking the arrow next to the Change Calendar header, which displays the data filters applied and duration of the calendar data.
- The Legend that was displayed in the bottom pane of the calendar is now displayed in the left pane of the calendar.
- The scroll feature of the calendar has been replaced by the arrows next to the timeline bar. You can click Today on the timeline bar to return to the current date.
Change Calendar administration options
The following changes have been made in the location of calendar administration options:
- The options that were on the General tab are available in the following locations:
- Business event settings can now be accessed from the Settings > Preferences option on the Change Calendar.
- Duration can be selected in the Preferences tab of the Calendar Configuration form.
- Depth level for services can now be accessed from the Predefined Queries > By Service filter.
- Printer preferences can be selected on the system printer settings dialog box.
- The options that you could select on the Change and Release tabs can now be defined within a query in the My Queries tab of the new Calendar Configuration form.
- The options on the System tab are no longer applicable.