Creating emergency change requests
An emergency change is implemented when there is an Incident that requires a change. Depending on how your application administrator has configured the BMC Change Management application, emergency change requests bypass the normal approval process. When you create an Emergency change the new approval process phase will be used, bypassing the normal change states. For example, if emergency requests are configured to bypass the Review approval stage, the change is not held up waiting for approvals, but is automatically approved. The request skips to the next stage in its lifecycle.
Your application administrator must configure the approval process that bypasses the normal approval process for emergency change requests. For more information, see Bypassing the approval process for emergency changes.
Previously, Problem records could not be related to Emergency change requests. You can now relate Problem records to the emergency change.
To create emergency change requests
- As a manual step, make sure that an open incident refers to this change request.
- Create a new change request as described in Initiate stage - Creating change requests or Creating a change request at the initiate stage - Best Practice view.
- Select Emergency from the Class field.
The following message is displayed:
Make sure an open incident references this change. (ARWARN 1440110)
- Enter the required information for the change record, and then click Save.
- Add the related Incident or Problem requests in the Relationship tab of the record.