Creating a requester record
While defining a new change request, release request, or task, you might find that the requester does not have a record in the database. If this is the case, you must define a record for the requester. You can do this while you are defining the request or task.
To define a requester record
- From the IT Home page, click Application Administration Console.
- Select the appropriate company from the Company field.
- Click Create next to People.
- On the People form, complete all the required fields:
Enter the requester's first name.
Enter the requester's last name.
Select Operating Company, Customer, or Vendor.
Set the Status to Enabled (or other option, as needed).
Select Standard or Sensitive.
Select Yes or No to indicate the person's appropriate status.
Select Yes or No to indicate if the requester is a support staff member.
Select a Site loction.
Select access data for one company but not another, based on the companies to which the person is assigned. The Company field controls access when configuring people.
Enter a business phone number. Also enter an email address.
- Optionally, complete the remaining fields, including fields on the other tabs.
- Click Save.