Configuring notifications for release rules
You can configure the rules in which the release coordinator is notified. For example, you can configure that the release coordinator is notified when the Milestone of a release is set to Planning and the Status is set to Planning Approval.
To configure notifications for release rules
- In the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Release Management > Advanced Options > Rules, and then click Open.
- Search for a release rules record.
- Click the Notification tab.
Some notification rules are automatically defined during installation.
- You can select a rule, then click View to display it or modify it, if needed.
- You can select a rule, then click Delete to remove it.
- Click Add.
- Define the status of your new rule (for example, Proposed or Enabled).
- Select the milestone that this notification applies to (for example, Deployment).
- Select the release state for which you want the notification sent (for example, Deployment Approval).
Notifications to the release coordinator are configured out of the box only.
- (Optional) Select a status reason.
If you select the Planning Approval status, you can include a status reason, but not all release states include status reasons.
- Specify Yes for the roles that you want to notify (for example, Release Coordinator).
The release coordinator, the assignee group (as a fallback if there is no release coordinator), or the requester will be notified with message tags from the SYS:Notification Messages form.
The release coordinator and requester are not notified if the release request is their own.
- Click Save.