As shipped, Task Management System (TMS) contains six configuration entries. These allow TMS to integrate with itself, BMC Remedy Change Management, BMC Remedy Incident Management, BMC Remedy Problem Management, Known Errors, and Solution database.
Do not modify these configuration entries.
You can use the Integration Configuration form to set up integrations with other custom applications that are not part of the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, and which use TMS and specify general settings for integrating.
You specify the Primary form and the name of the template, if one exists. You specify whether to show the minimal view when you open the task form, or all visible fields and tabs. You also specify whether to use the Foundation's assignment and notification functionality. Although the BMC Remedy applications should use those pieces, external applications that integrate with TMS might not. Finally, you specify whether your integration uses task templates.
To perform procedures in this section, you must have Task Administrator or Task Application Config permissions.
To configure application integrations
- On the IT Home page, click the Application Administration Console link.
- On the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Task Management System > Integration > Application Configuration, and then click Open.
- To view a list of preconfigured entries, click the New Search toolbar button on the Integration Configuration form.
- Enter any search parameters, and then click Search.
- On the list of preconfigured entries, do any of the following actions:
- Select an entry to view it and modify it, if necessary.
- Click the New Request button on the toolbar, and configure new values.
- Modify or fill in the fields described in the following table.
The parent application name. The menu is data-driven, filled by entries in the SHARE:Application Properties form.
The primary form from the parent application that is used with TMS
The template form from the parent application that is used with TMS
The form that stores relationships or associations between TMS and the parent application
An overall status for this entry. The options are Active and Inactive.
The view of the Task form that is available to the parent application. The default is Full.
If you select Minimal, fewer tabs and fields appear.
Use Foundation Group Assignment
Select Yes to specify group assignments for tasks in the CFG:Assignment form for the parent application.
Select No to use an alternate means for group task assignment, that is, one that does not come from one of the BMC Remedy ITSM suite application.
Use Foundation Individual Assignment
Select Yes to specify individual assignments for tasks using the Assignment Engine for the parent application.
Select No to use an alternate means for individual task assignment, that is, one that does not come from one of the BMC Remedy ITSM suite application.
Use Foundation Notification
Select Yes to specify notifications to be based on the settings specified in the SYS:NT Process Control form.
Select No to specify notifications in the Assignment tab of the Task Template forms.
Use Task Templates
Select Yes to specify to use task templates with the parent application.Select No not to use task templates.
- Click Save.