Configuring derived risk factors
You can configure any of the following derived risk factors:
- CI priority (highest priority of all CIs that are related to the change request)
- CI impact
- Performance rating of support group
- Performance rating of change manager
- Performance rating of change coordinator
- Performance rating of change implementer
- Performance rating of operational CTI
- Performance rating of the support group
- Change impact
To see examples of configured derived risk factors, search the Risk Factors Configuration form for records in which the Company field is set to - Global -.
Before you begin
Configure risk factor questions, as described in Configuring risk factor questions.
To configure derived risk factors
- Click the Derived Factors tab, and then click Add.
In the Risk Factor Type field on the Derived Risk Factors Template form, select a type from the following choices:
Risk factor type
Derives risk from the related CI with the highest priority. This rating is derived from the related CIs, and not from values specified on the change.
Derives risk based on performance of a manager or a group. The stored performance rating of specific entities is recorded. A performance indicator risk factor refers to ratings that are directly related to values specified on the change.
For more information, see Review and Authorize stage - Risk and impact analysis.
- In the Risk Weight field, select the percentage weight.
Select a risk weight that indicates how significant the risk is to the change request. These values are defined in the CHG:ChangeRiskRanges form. You must have the AR Administrator role or the Infrastructure Change Config permission to modify these values.
In the Field Name field, select the field on the Infrastructure Change form from which the risk factor is derived.
Depending on the risk factor type, select one of the following fields.
Risk factor type
Fields from the Change form
The following fields are now available for selection:
- CI Priority
- CI Impact
- Change Impact
- Change Priority
- Change Coordinator
- Change Implementer
- Change Manager
- Operational CTI
- Support Group Name
This information is calculated based on the historical performance of the changes that use these values.
For example, if you select Operational CTI, a historical record is kept separately for each CTI used. If the CTI was Request > Virtual Machine > Provision, a performance history would be stored for it for each of the closed changes that had an operational CTI of Request > Virtual Machine > Provision.
- If you selected Performance Indicator, select Performance Rating from the Rating Field Name field.
If you are modifying an existing risk factor by adding questions or derived risk factors, clicking Save is optional.
Example of derived risk factor based on CI Impact and CI Priority values
If you relate a CI to a change request and change the value of the Impact or Priority fields on the CI form in Remedy Asset Management, the derived risk factor of the change request changes accordingly. The following is the relation between the values of the CI Impact and CI Priority with the risk value of the related change request:
|CI Impact field values||Risk value of the change request|
|CI Priority field values||Risk value of the change request|
Follow the steps given below to calculate the derived risk factor of a change request that is related to a CI:
- Go to the CI form and create a CI by selecting the following values:
- Impact field—1-Extensive/Widespread
- Priority field—PRIORITY_5
- Service Type field—Business Service
- From the Risk Factor Configuration form, go to Derived Factors tab > Derived Risk Factor Template.
- Select the following values:
- Risk Factor Type—Risk Object
- Risk Weight—100%
- Field Name—CI Impact
- Create a new change request and relate this created CI.
- Save the change request.
The Risk Level value is automatically calculated as 5.
For information about the formula used for calculations, see 2020-10-27_05-37-30_Sample rating calculation.