Change coordinator role
Change coordinators are support staff members with specialized abilities who handle the details of the change request. Change coordinators frequently exercise lead" responsibilities based on factors such as location, skill set, troubleshooting skills, difficulty of the change request, and company (if you are a service provider). In large companies, the change manager would be responsible for the overall change such as scheduling, but the change coordinator would perform the day-to-day management of the change request process, for example, building and reviewing change plans, managing the change implementer, making sure that the change proceeds in a timely fashion, and so on.
When creating a change request the Change Coordinator field on the Change form is populated with users who have the Change Coordinator or Change Manager functional role and are included in the Coordinator Group selected. However, in the Search mode of the Change form, the field is populated with all users of the selected Change Coordinator group.
The responsibilities of a change coordinator include the following tasks:
- Gathering appropriate information based on the type of change being investigated
- Associating related CIs, incidents, and services to the change request
- Providing status updates to requesters
- Reviewing change plans and schedules. Planning activities include scheduling the change request, assessing risk and impact, creating plans, defining and sequencing the tasks needed to accomplish the change request, and scheduling people and resources for each task.
- Reviewing all completed tasks. In the Implement stage, at least one task related to the change request is in progress.
- Conducting post-implementation reviews to validate the results of the change request
- Determining requester satisfaction with change request
Log in or register to comment.