Initiate milestone - Creating release requests
Releases start at the Initiate milestone of the release request lifecycle. The Release Management console enables any user with Release User permissions to enter release requests into the system. But it is typically release coordinators who create release requests.
- Creating a release request at the initiate milestone - Best Practice view
- Specifying the business justification
- Selecting release templates
- Creating a manifest
Creating release requests at the Initiate milestone
Release Management uses the following terms extensively:
- Milestone—A grouping mechanism used to identify key points in the release process.
- Phase—Used for the deployment types, Phased and Non Phased. These are used to identify the deployment types for releases.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you
Log in or register to comment.