Change in active link behavior due to Google Chrome 80 update
BMC Software is alerting users to a potential problem on Google Chrome version 80 and later that requires attention if you are using AR System version 20.02, BMC CMDB version 20.02 and ITSM applications (version 18.05 and later) or custom applications (version 18.05 and later) that use active links that run on
Window Close event.
Because of this change in behavior in Google Chrome version 80 and later, active links that run on
Window Closed event, might not work as expected.
For more information, see in Google developer's documentation.
If you have any questions about the problem, contact
April 28, 2021
Defect ID: DRSMX-54592/DRSMX-55050/DRSMX-56162.
Google Chrome version 80 and later disallows synchronous calls to the
XMLHTTPRequest()method during page dismissal, when a user navigates away from the page or closes the page. Because of this change in behavior in Google Chrome version 80 and later, active links that run on
Window Closed event, might not work as expected
Additionally, browser navigation events and actions, such as Close, Refresh, Forward, and Backward might not work as expected, and the page becomes unresponsive.
This issue occurs because the out-of-the-box and custom active links that run on the
Close Window and the
un-display event might not work as expected. This change impacts some administration applications, such as approval and assignment administration and the workflows in following ITSM applications:
- Asset Management
- Service Desk Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
- Service Request Management (SRM)
- Service Level Management (SLM)
To address the impact due to the changes in Chrome 80, the following hotfixes are available:
- Hotfix for AR System Server (Centralized Configuration) and Mid Tier version 20.02.02.
- Hotfix for BMC CMDB version 20.02.02
- Hotfix for ITSM applications version 18.05 and later (Asset Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Service Desk, SRM, SLM).
Perform the following steps:
- Apply the hotfix.
Ensure the following before you apply the hotfix:
- AR System Server and Mid Tier are at version 20.02.02
- BMC CMDB at version 20.02.02
- ITSM applications are at version 18.05 and later
- Configure the settings for custom and out-of-the-box active links that run on
To change the out-of-the-box active links that run on the Close Window action
In Centralized Configuration, make sure that the Execute-Window-Close-Undisplay-Activelinks parameter is set to
For more information about the Execute-Window-Close-Undisplay-Activelinks parameter, see .
If the Execute-Window-Close-Undisplay-Activelinks parameter is set to
True, out-of-the-box and custom workflows in Remedy IT Service Management, Remedy Service Request Management, and Remedy Service Level Management might not work as expected.
To change custom active links that run on Close Window action
- Log on to Remedy Developer Studio.
- On a form, add a Close button.
- Call the
PERFORM-ACTION-ACTIVE-LINK 32768 "ignoreIfEnabledBrowserUnload"run process.
- Call the
This ensures that your custom active link and workflow run correctly before the
Close Window action.
To change the window type to pop-up window for custom active links
- In Remedy Developer Studio, select the custom active link.
- Expand the If actions panel.
- From the Window Type list, select Popup.
- Clear the Show Close Button check box.
The following screenshot shows the pop-up window type selected for a custom active link: