Configuring activity rules
Use the Activity Configuration Rules form to configure the method of assignment used to automatically assign an activity. Each company defined in the Company form can have its own assignment rules.
You can configure assignment for one company, or you can define it for all companies using the Global option. When the Activity System uses assignment (for example, when assigning an activity), the Assignment Engine first checks the assignment rules for the requester's company. If no rules are found, it then uses the rules defined for Global.
By default, the Global assignment method is according to the round robin method.
The activity notifications process is identical to release notifications.
To configure activity rules
- In the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Activity System > Configuration > Rules, and then click Open.
- From the Company list, select the company for which you want to configure assignment, or select the Global option.
Selecting Global configures assignment for all companies.
- To enable assignment, select Yes for Assignment Engine Integration.
- Select the default process for the assignment from Assignment Process Name. The options for assigning activities are as follows:
- Capacity — Capacity in the assignment engine is a ratio-based assignment method.
- Number — Tracks the number of tickets assigned to the activity user. The number assignment process selects the person with the least number of tickets already assigned.
- Round Robin — Tracks the last time the activity user received an assignment. The round robin assignment process selects the person who was least recently assigned an incident.
- For Activity Rule Status, select Enabled.
- For Activity Status for Task Activation, define at which status of the activity request, the task associated with it should become active. For example, if you select the In Progress status in this field, the task associated with the activity request is activated when the request moves to the In Progress status.
- Click Save.