Using the Change Management Dashboard
The Change Management Dashboard provides flashboards containing key metrics associated with changes occurring in the organization. This dashboard enables the organization to make sure that change-related activities are meeting identified goals.
For more information on the Change Management Dashboard, see Change Management Dashboard
To use the Change Management Dashboard
- On the IT Home page, click the Change Management Dashboard link.
- On the Change Management Dashboard, enter a start time and end time for the Flashboard data to view.
- In the change statistics area, define how you want the flashboards to appear:
Overall Health—Choose one of the following settings:
Change Success Rate
Successful closed change requests by Status Reason
Changes by Priority
Open change requests by 'Priority' and 'Categorization Tier 1'
Changes by Timing/Category
Closed change requests by 'Change Timing' and 'Categorization Tier 1'
Changes by Timing/Group
Closed change requests by 'Change Timing' and 'Support Group Name'
Change requests with Status = Closed & Status Reason = Successful grouped by 'Support Group Name' and 'Categorization Tier 1'
Change requests with Status = Closed & Status Reason = Unsuccessful grouped by 'Support Group Name' and 'Categorization Tier 1'
Financials—Choose one of the following settings:
Change Cost Variance
Changes by Cost/Category
Average cost of closed changes by Category
Changes by Cost/Department
Average cost of closed changes by Department
Customer Data—Choose one of the following settings:
Change Requests by
Change requests by Organization and Company
Changes By Business Justification
Closed change requests by Business Justification
Operational Efficiency—Choose one of the following settings:
Change End Date Variance
Closed change requests by Category/Company versus closed emergency change requests by Category/Company
Change Start Date Variance
Closed change requests by Group/Company versus closed emergency change requests by Group/Company
Open change requests by change request Status and Support Group
Changes by Impact
Closed change requests by Impact and Category
Changes by Performance Rating
Closed change requests by Performance Rating and Group
Completed change requests by actual End Date and Category
Changes Rolled Back
Closed, backed-out change requests by Group and Category
- (Optional) Click Refresh to refresh the flashboards, including the date criteria (Start Date and End Date) specified, and show the change request data that matches the qualifications.
- Click Set Defaults to open the User View dialog box, where you can save the flashboards which automatically appear when the Change Management Dashboard form opens.
The list for each Flashboard category shows the available flashboards. In the Duration field, you can select a time period to show data for the last 7, 30, or 90 days.
- Click Save.