Tracking time for tasks
You can track the time spent on tasks on the Assignments tab on the Task form.
To track task time
- Open the task.
- Click the Assignment tab on the Task form.
- To automatically track the time spent working on tasks, use the Start Clock and Stop Clock options.
- When you start the task, click Start Time, and then click Save.
- When you finish working on the task, click Stop Clock, and then click Save.
You can use the start and stop clock buttons as many times as needed. Each successive time, the new time is added to the value in the Total Time Spent field. The time is automatically calculated, based on when you click the buttons.
- To manually track the time spent working on tasks, enter the number of hours or minutes in the Time Spent fields, and then click Save.
The time you entered is added to the value in the Total Time Hours and Minutes fields.
- To add the tracking information to the log:
- After you save the information for tracking the time spent on the tasks, click the Assignment tab on the Task form.
- Click Effort Log.
- Enter information into the effort log, and then click Add to Effort Log.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you