Placing bulk CIs in inventory
If you do not see a location, make sure that the CI has a CI type of inventory location, and not physical location. For information about creating inventory locations, see To create an inventory location CI.
To place bulk CIs in inventory
- Open a bulk CI, as described in To search for CIs from the console.
- On the Inventory Location tab, click Add
- In the Search Inventory Locations dialog box, specify the search criteria and click Search.
- Select a location, and click Relate.
- In the message about the relationship, click OK.
- If the inventory is stored in multiple locations, for each location, repeat 4 and 5.
- Click Close.
On the Bulk Inventory form, the Inventory Location tab lists each of the related locations.
- Click in the Quantity Per Location field for a location, and type the quantity in that location.
- Continue to enter the quantity for each location, until all the quantity in stock for the bulk CI is accounted for.
- Click Save.
After items are in inventory, you can use the Manage Inventory function to:
- Reserve and use CIs and bulk inventory items